“Why do a podcast in the first place? Don’t you write enough already?”
Those are two questions I get frequently. Almost as frequently as I get, “Why don’t you do a podcast?”
Let’s discuss the plan.
Chats with other strong personalities to bring in a more rounded perspective. I have a lot of ideas, but I’m happiest when I’m being challenged and enlightened by intelligent conversations with others. My plan is a weekly chat with someone in the area of relationships, dating, divorce, and stuff. I’ve got some exciting guests already lined up, but I can’t reveal all the fun until we actually have the recording session. I want to under-promise and over-deliver.
Here are a few of the topics of the folks I’m already scheduling.
- How do you maintain a relationship with your kids when divorce gets messy?
- Dating secrets, how to attract your perfect match
- Fathers and sons, finding the masculine connection to nourish and support
- Sexual intelligence, do you know what turns you on and how to ask for it?
- Emotional intelligence – handling your own emotions for the benefit and welfare of your life and your relationship
- Self-love, how do we learn to take better care of ourselves, love ourselves
- Fitness and diet, is there a secret to achieving and maintaining our healthy weight?
- Future dreams and ideation about your relationship – fantasies can help you aim yourself in the right direction
- #metoo: is it time for men to start talking, or do we still need to maintain our silent and observed support of our women friends?
I’m guessing as we get into the first few episodes several themes will emerge.
- Dating – the challenges, the apps, the wins, and the lessons we are learning
- Sex – what we want, what we ask for, and what we get (could be different things)
- Relationships – how do we continue to build trust, love, and closeness? What are some of the challenges and threats to our sustained partnership?
- Co-parenting: divorced or still married, parenting together is always a better experience for everyone
- What is a Positive Divorce? How to lessen the damage that can result from divorce.
That’s all I’ve got for now. I’m starting the sessions immediately and hope to have my first professionally done podcast (with video) in the next two weeks.
Stay tuned and stay strong,